Stour Descent date for year 2018 is Sunday, 2nd of December 2018
This year we have updated application form for Stour Descent. The application form is available to download by clicking link below.
New application form is in pdf format and designed to be editable. Once downloaded and opened in Acrobat Reader- download for free from Adobe website–you can fill it in. Please ensure that you tick appropriate boxes before saving. Completed forms should be emailed to:
In our opinion, this is the easiest way to apply. However if you decide to print the form on paper, sign and send us by post, we going to announce shortly address where you can send application in “standard way”.
- If you have any questions about Stour Descent please use our Stour Descent 2018 Contact Form and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.
- Online application is available HERE
- Stour-Descent-general-inormation leaflet
- If you want to help us promote Stour Descent, please download and distribute (email, facebook, twitter, other social media) our Poster
- We trying to change way to pay for entry, so bear with us
A 13.5 mile Race on the River Stour taking the form of a time trial that includes: one optional shoot, one obligatory shoot and a compulsory portage. A hard and exciting combination for an enjoyable days racing!
Date: Sunday 2nd December 2018
Start: Sturminster Newton Mill
Finish: Bryanston School
Racing K1 & K2
Touring K1 & K2
Canadian, single & double
Junior, Senior, Veteran & Mixed
The race starts at 11:00am and your attention is drawn to the fact that the course can be exacting with few access points. Hazards include sharp turns and shallows; trees are a special problem, especially after high rainfall. After the race there will be hot showers, warm changing rooms and refreshments. Entry Fee £10 per paddler, £5 extra for non BCU members.